Causes of Hair Breakage
Many people suffer from hair breakage problems at some point or the other in their lives. This can be quite a distressing and embarrassing problem, especially when it occurs in women. In order to know how to prevent hair breakage and damage, it is important to know the factors that lead to it. Some of the most common factors that could cause a person’s hair to break are stress, poor diet, certain medical condition, immune system problems, the reaction to certain medication, brittle hair texture, the use of products with harsh chemicals, environmental factors and genetic, just to name a few. There are several commercial products and treatments available in the market that claim to prevent hair breakage problems. However, most of these products and services are either very costly or do not yield the result that were promised. Some of them may even cause more damage to the texture of the hair. Therefore, most people prefer adopting home remedies for hair breakage, which are just as effective, cost a lot less and have fewer side effects.
Natural Remedies For Hair Breakage
Natural methods on how to prevent hair breakage are sought by many as they could be applied more effectively, after identifying the main cause of the problem. Given below are some of the most commonly used natural remedies for hair breakage:
• Aloe Vera is a natural ingredient, which is excellent for conditioning the hair and it also works as a growth stimulant. It soothes the scalp and moistens the hair, which helps prevent hair breakage.
• Chamomile is good for dealing with dry hair, which is one of the main causes of hair breakage. It should be applied on the hair, while conditioning it, so that it can be left off for several minutes, before it is completely rinsed.
• Lavender is generally used by hair care experts for combating hair loss problems. Used in the form of an essential oil, it should be combined with another type of oil, like almond oil or olive oil, before being applied to the hair.
• Rosemary has been used for years, as an effective medicine, to repair hair. It can be used internally, as well as externally, to nourish dry and brittle hair.
• Sandalwood essential oil should be applied to the ends of dry hair, to help condition and moisturize them. A few drops of the oil can be applied directly to the hair, with the help of the fingertips.
In addition to the remedies on how to prevent hair breakage mentioned above, it is important to follow a healthy diet, that is high in vitamins and drink a lot of water each day, to add extra moisture to the hair.