Home Remedies and Treatments for Damaged Hair
It is the dream of every woman to have long, healthy, shiny and thick hair. However, it is a lot more common for people to suffer from dry, damaged and brittle hair. Hair that is brittle and has been damaged is highly unhealthy and is very likely to break and fall. Hence women who have very dry hair can also suffer from severe hair fall problems. This is probably why so many women are going in for hair treatment for damaged hair. There are several hair care companies that claim to have the best hair treatment for damaged hair. Unfortunately, even some of the best commercial products contain harsh chemicals, which eventually may further damage the hair. In addition to that, in most cases, a commercial hair treatment for damaged hair is quite costly. This is probably why there are several women who are tying out various home remedies for damaged hair. The advantage of using homemade hair treatments for damaged hair is that they do not really contain any harsh chemicals, which could have an adverse effect on a person’s hair. Moreover, a homemade hair treatment for damaged hair is usually a lot more expensive than the commercial one.
Home Treatment for Damaged Hair
There are several different ways in which home treatment for damaged hair can be used. Some of the most common home remedies to treat and repair damaged hair are:
- Drinking a lot of water, to keep the body hydrated, and the hair lustrous.
- Regular use of olive oil, to help control damaged frizzy and dry hair. This remedy can either be used directly on the hair, or quantities of it can be increased in a diet.
- After washing the hair, a small amount of silicone serum should be applied to the hair, which repairs the damage.
- Using electrical appliances such as hot irons, blow dryers and curlers should be strictly avoided.
- Jojoba oil should be applied mainly to the ends of the hair, to make it softer. This home remedy can work wonders with frizzy and dry hair.
- Damaged hair should be deep conditioned thoroughly at least once a week. In order to do this, the hair needs to be dampened just before bedtime and a conditioner should be applied directly on to the damp hair. Then, shower cap should be used to cover the hair, which needs to remain this way overnight. The damaged hair will absorb the conditioner properly, all night long.
In case the options for hair treatment for damaged hair mentioned above do not bring about the desired results, it may be best to seek the guidance of a hair care expert.